| How to setup the Email Monitor |
The Email Monitor for SigmaPro is now it's own module "SigmaPro Email Viewer/Monitor". This module monitors a POP3 Email Account and creates or updates tickets in SigmaPro based on the contents of the email. The main screen of the module displays a list of all emails processed, clicking on an item will display the contents of the email, attached files and a link to open the ticket that was created or updated from that email. You can create new monitors or update existing monitors by clicking on Edit Email SigmaPro Email Viewer in the module menu. Multiple monitors can be setup for one or more projects. This makes it easy for you to create individual monitors for your sales, information, support and other email accounts having all emails processed into it's own project in SigmaPro.
Follow these steps to setup the Email Monitor:
- Click on Edit SigmaPro Email Viewer from module menu
- Type in your POP3 information. Server, User, Password and Email Address into the fields listed.
- Select the project from the list provided you want all emails to be processed into.
- Enter the Module ID of the core SigmaPro module you want to use for settings. You can get the Module ID by clicking on Edit SigmaPro from the core SigmaPro module.
- Click Update
The Email Viewer/Monitor module automatically registers itself into the Scheduler of DotNetNuke but it is not enabled by default. To enable the SigmaPro Email Monitor, follow these steps:
- Log-in as Host and click on Schedule from the Host menu
- Find the SigmaPro Email Monitor Scheduler and click the Edit link
- Check the option to enable the scheduler and click Update.
If you are using an older version of the Email Monitor module, you will need to register the service in DotNetNuke, follow these steps to register the service:
- Click “Add New Item to Schedule” from the module menu
- In the Full Class Name field, enter the value “Onyak.SigmaPro.EmailViewer.Scheduler,Onyak.SigmaPro.EmailViewer”
- Check “Schedule Enabled”
- Set all remaining options to fit your needs and click Update. If you are not sure about the settings, configure the service to run every 30 minutes once a day.
- The Email Monitor will not post emails that are sent from the POP3 email address. For example, if you are monitoring Sales@SomeSite.com to have emails created into new items in your Sales Leads project and this email account is also used to notify you of new orders to your system and is also sent from the same email account, SigmaPro will ignore it. It's assumed that if your sending an email to yourself that you do not want these listed in your projects.
- All processed emails are stored in the table ONYAK_SIGMAPRO_EmailMessages
- If the sender doesn’t exist in your portal, a new user account is created and the Requester of the new ticket is set to the new account. Otherwise, the existing account is used.
- When you first setup a monitor for an email account, you should remove all emails from the POP3 account before enabling the scheduler. This allows the scheduler to initialize quickly. If the email account being monitored contains a lot of emails, allow time for the scheduler to process all emails.
Email Response Template Settings Defined:
- Enable Email Monitor Response Emails: When items are updated or created in SigmaPro, emails are generated using the Email Templates you setup in your Project (If you have not updated these templates, SigmaPro will use the default templates. If you would like to use different email templates for updated items that are processed by the Email Monitor, click this option and enter your HTML Email Template into the Text Editors provided.
- Use Project Email Templates: This option will disable the Email Templates specified in the Email Monitor. If you have this option unchecked and the Enable Email Monitor Response Emails checked, then emails will be sent out using both the Email Templates in the Email Monitor and in your Project.
- Do Not Save File Attachments: This option will ignore all file attachments to emails. If it is unchecked, all files attached to the emails will be stored in your database and listed in any tickets created/updated in SigmaPro.
- Process Existing Ticket Emails Only: Checking this option will force the Email Monitor to only respond to emails that are replies to existing items in SigmaPro.